Classic teriyaki sauce is made keto with a few simple swaps! Make this easy low-carb sauce with just one pan, and in under 5 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s extra easy! 6 ingredients, 5 minutes, and 2 steps is all you’ll need to make this extremely basic recipe. It’s totally foolproof and perfect for even the most inexperienced home cooks!
- It has all the flavor of classic teriyaki sauce, just without the carbs! With only 3 grams of net carbs per serving, this teriyaki sauce will fit seamlessly into your keto diet.
- It’s rich, tangy, and perfectly sweet! It has the perfect balance and blend of delicious flavors. It also tastes identical to the real thing.
Coconut Aminos – We replace soy sauce with coconut aminos in this low-carb recipe. Coconut aminos taste incredibly similar to soy sauce, though have significantly less sodium. It also contains this rich, slightly sweet flavor that tastes delicious in our keto teriyaki sauce!
Sugar-Free Brown Sugar – I used brown granular Swerve in my sauce, though feel free to use your favorite brown sugar substitute instead. And if not keto, use an equal amount of regular brown sugar in its place!
Xanthan Gum – Traditional teriyaki sauce is thickened with corn starch, though we use xanthan gum to keep this recipe low-carb. Xanthan gum is extremely effective in thickening sauces and works beautifully in this recipe! To avoid lumps in your sauce, whisk it really well as soon as the xanthan gum is added.
- Use it as a dipping sauce, marinade, or glaze! I served mine alongside cooked shrimp for dipping. Though I’ve also used it as a marinade for chicken and it tasted delicious!
- Keep a close eye on your keto teriyaki sauce as it cooks. Due to its high sugar content, it can burn quickly. Though thankfully, this sauce takes just a few minutes to whip together – so remaining close by shouldn’t be an issue!
- Don’t add more xanthan gum! The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools, so the 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum is all that’s needed. If you continue to add more, the sauce will turn into jelly.
More Keto Recipes You’ll Love
- Keto Creme Brûlée
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- Cheesy Keto Green Beans
- Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Keto Pie Crust
Keto Teriyaki Sauce
- Small saucepan
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free brown sugar such as granular Swerve
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Place all ingredients except xanthan gum in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in xanthan gum and continue simmering until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool before storing.