This keto white chicken chili is the ultimate keto comfort food! Quick, easy, and packed full of flavor, it’s perfect on cold days or when you just need a filling, low carb meal.
- Shredded chicken
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese – If you are on keto, use full-fat cream cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese shredded – You can use other shredded cheese if you’d like, like Colby Jack or cheddar
- Diced green chilis
- Garlic cloves
- Green onions – The white bases. You can use the green parts as garnish.
- You can use any hot sauce you like if you don’t have Sriracha. The chili is also amazing with Frank’s Red Hot, Louisiana, or Tapatío.
- You can cook your own chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it using the methods in The Best Shredded Chicken. If you have an Instant Pot, this recipe for shredded chicken is super easy!
More Keto Recipes
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup green onion chopped, white and green parts separated
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded, at room temperature
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chilies 8 ounces total, undrained
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In a stock pot or thick-bottomed Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and white parts of green onions. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, and sriracha to pot. Bring to a simmer and cook until cream cheese is melted. Add the seasoned chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, and diced green chilis. Stir together.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on the chili so it does not burn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green parts of green onions if desired and serve warm.
- Hot Sauce: You can use any hot sauce you like if you don’t have Sriracha. The chili is also amazing with Frank’s Red Hot, Louisiana, or Tapatío.
- Shredded Chicken: You can cook your own chicken and shred it by hand or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it. If you have an Instant Pot, this recipe for shredded chicken is easy.
- Cheese: I highly recommend buying a block of cheese and shredding it yourself. Fresh cheese melts better, and prepackaged cheese contains fillers and anti-clumping agents that add unnecessary carbs and starches.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.