This Low Carb Chili is out of this universe amazing and super easy to make! With very little work and ingredients, this recipe will earn your kitchen some bonus points for being made in less than 30 minutes and tasting so good! Low carb, keto, Whole30, and paleo, too.
If you are looking for a chili recipe without the beans, then this is for you! This Low Carb Chili is so perfect for weeknight dinners, meal prepping and planning, and any time of the year! We are in love with all of the robust and tender flavors thanks to onions and garlic this recipe has to offer.
Why This Low Carb Chili Is So Good!
- It is super flavorful and has unique flavors thanks to cumin, chili powder, garlic, and chipotle peppers.
- This chili is not overwhelmingly spicy, and it’s healthy!
- This recipe is super easy to make, and it is so family friendly.
- It only has 5g net carbs, making it keto friendly.
How To Make This Chili Recipe – Step by Step
- In a large pot or dutch oven, saute onions and garlic under medium heat. Add ground beef.
- Break up the ground beef as it cooks, and cook until browned. Drain fat from pot once it is finished.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir. Place two chipotle peppers in chili for flavor.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for at least 20 minutes, and take chipotle peppers out prior to serving.
- Garnish chili with toppings of choice such as shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, tortilla strips, or green onions.
What makes this recipe low carb?
What makes this recipe low carb is the fact it does not contain any beans. Different types of beans contain various carbohydrate contents, but the numbers are all pretty high. A tablespoon of kidney beans is equal to 110g of carbohydrates. Can you believe that?!
Because this chili has only 5g net carbs, it’s keto friendly as well.
Does this low carb chili freeze well?
Absolutely! Just stick it in an airtight storage container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze away! If you are placing chili in a bag, make sure you freeze the chili flat to ensure better storage organization. When you are ready to thaw the chili, simply place frozen chili in a bowl. How nice it is to be able to grab a precooked meal from the freezer! I think we all enjoy that!
Tips to Make Low Carb Chili
- Make sure you are buying organic grass-fed beef.
- 145 degrees is the proper temperature for cooked beef.
- Make this recipe dairy-free by omitting the cheese and/or sour cream.
- Make sure you take the chipotle peppers out of the chili prior to serving.
Be Sure to Check Out These Other Amazing Recipes!
- Vegan Chili
- Instant Pot Whole30 Chili with Butternut Squash (Paleo, Low Carb)
- Gluten Free Cornbread with Honey
- Whole30 Chicken Curry (Low Carb, Paleo)
- Loaded Burger Bowls with “Special Sauce” (Whole30, Paleo, Low Carb)
What do we mean by “healthy”?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options, like a commercial, deep-friend tostada, for an easy homemade version.
I would love to hear if you have tried this Low Carb Chili recipe – do leave me a star rating and comment down below!
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Low Carb Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef organic grass-fed
- 1/2 onion onion finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic finely minced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes in a can, with liquid
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 chipotle peppers canned
- 1 can jalapenos
- Finely dice onions and mince garlic. In a large pot or dutch oven, saute onions and garlic under medium heat. Add ground beef.
- Break up the ground beef as it cooks, and cook until browned. Drain fat from pot once it is finished. Add the jalapeno, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Stir. Place chipotle peppers in chili for flavor. Bring all ingredients to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes, and take chipotle peppers out prior to serving. Garnish chili with toppings of choice.