These mango habanero wings are to die for! Flavored with fruity mango and lime, spicy habanero, and seasoned perfectly, these wings will be a must at dinner and parties.
Why These Wings Are So Good
- These wings are made with our manago habanero sauce and are insanely flavorful. They’re fruity and spicy and amazingly seasoned.
- These wings are surprisingly simple to make, but taste like they came from your favorite wing restaurant.
- We love this recipe for a delicious dinner, but it’s perfect for an appetizer, too!
How To Make Them
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- To make the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Use 1/3 cup for the wings and store the rest in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a wire rack on top of it. Spray with cooking spray.
- Use paper towels to pat the wings dry. Add to a large bowl with the seasonings, mixing until well-coated.
- Arrange the wings with the skin facing up on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from from the oven and let cool. Add back to the bowl and coat in the mango habanero sauce.
Top Tips For Making
- Placing the wings on a baking sheet is important to make them crispy. Make sure to pat dry them well, too, as this will help them crisp up.
- If you have any extra mango habanero sauce after using 1/3 cup for the wings, you can store it in a bottle or jar in the fridge for at least two months.
- We love these plain, but they are also super delicious with a side of bleu cheese dressing.
Our Most Popular Recipes
For the Mango Habanero Sauce
- 1 mango peeled, pit removed, diced
- 3 habanero peppers use seeds from 2 peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Wings
- 9 bone-in chicken wings flats and/or drums
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Food processor or blender
- Baking sheet
- Wire baking rack
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- Paper towels
- Large bowl
- Preheat oven to 425º Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place wire baking rack on top of aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pat wings dry very well with paper towels, then place wings in large bowl. Add garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt to bowl and toss well to thoroughly coat wings in spices.
- Place seasoned wings on wire baking rack with skin-side facing up, making sure not to overcrowd rack. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake wings 20 minutes.
- While wings bake, add all mango habanero sauce ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until needed.
- After wings have baked 20 minutes, flip wings over so skin-side faces down. Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes.
- After second round of 20 minutes, remove wings from oven and let cool completely. Place cooled wings back in large bowl and add ⅓ cup of prepared mango habanero sauce. Toss well to coat, then serve immediately with remaining sauce.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.