These Mexican stuffed peppers are just delicious! Bell peppers stuffed with perfectly seasoned cheesy, ground turkey and veggies make the easiest, tastiest Mexican dinner.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- These cheesy, seasoned stuffed peppers are the perfect easy weeknight dinner! Stuffing made with ground turkey, corn, onions, and a few canned pantry staples make this recipe simple but still delicious.
- We love stuffed peppers for dinner, but they also make a delicious meal prep. Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container and then pop one in your lunchbox for an easy, midday fiesta.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cook onions until soft in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the turkey and garlic. Cook until the turkey is browned the whole way through and no longer pink. Drain the liquid and return the turkey back to the skillet.
- Add the Rotel, taco seasoning, and 3/4 cup water to the skillet and stir. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until the sauce is thick, about 10-15 minutes. Add the rice, corn, and black beans and stir. Then add in half of the cheese and stir.
- While the stuffing is cooking, cut off the tops of the peppers. Scoop out the insides so the peppers are hollow. Place in a baking dish.
- Fill the peppers halfway with the cooked stuffing and top with a layer of cheese. Fill the peppers to the top with stuffing and then top with cheese. After stuffing the peppers, pour the remaining water around the bottom in the baking dish.
- Cover the peppers with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and broil for 5 minutes.
- Don’t skip broiling your peppers after baking! This helps make the cheese nice and crispy.
- Your stuffed peppers can be prepared ahead of time to make dinner extra easy. Just follow all the steps prior to baking and keep them in the fridge covered in aluminum foil. Make sure to cook them within 24 hours!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- 8 Can Taco Soup
- Mango Habanero Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Low Carb Chili
- Mexican Tortilla Wrap Hack (TikTok Wrap Hack)
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded, divided
- 1 3/4 cup water divided
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Make the stuffing: Cook onions in large skillet over medium heat until soft. Add turkey and garlic. Cook until turkey is browned with no pink. Drain the liquid and return the turkey to the skillet.
- Add Rotel, taco seasoning, and 3/4 cup water to the skillet and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until sauce is thick, about 10-15 minutes. Add rice, corn, and black beans. Stir. Add in half of the cheese and stir.
- Prepare peppers: While stuffing is cooking, cut off tops of the peppers and scoop out the insides so the peppers are hollow. Place in baking dish.
- Fill peppers halfway with stuffing and top with layer of cheese. Fill peppers to the top with stuffing and then top with cheese. After stuffing, pour the remaining water around the bottom in the baking dish.
- Cover peppers with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and broil for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.
- Broiling: Do not skip as it will make the cheese extra crispy.
- Make ahead: Complete all steps prior to baking and store in fridge covered with aluminum foil.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.