This pecan crusted chicken recipe is super easy, and with the yogurt sauce it’s so yummy! Made with chicken breast, this is the perfect tasty weeknight meal. A crunchy chicken dinner that’s gluten and grain free and healthy.
This is a great go to recipe when you don’t know what to eat for dinner! This is such a simple and easy recipe but it’s packed full of flavor and texture. I’m sure this on will be making it onto your weekly meal rotation!
What makes this the best pecan crusted chicken recipe?
- There’s very little prep needed.
- Takes less than half an hour to cook.
- It’s oven baked not fried for a healthier option
- It’s gluten-free.
How to make Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce
In a food processor, pulse the pecans with paprika and dash cayenne. Put in wide bowl
Season chicken with salt and pepper and brush on mustard. Press pecans into chicken
Bake 400 for 25 m or until 161 internally
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the yogurt-mustard dipping sauce. Serve with the chicken. garnish with thyme leaves
Healthy Oven Baked Crusted Chicken
Usually to get a really crispy chicken, you have to fry it, but the good news is, is that this chicken breast is oven baked and it still remains deliciously crunchy. Each crusted chicken breast with sauce is around 400 calories and makes part of a well balanced meal when served with a side of vegetables.
Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Sauce
The honey and mustard sauce that the chicken is served with is a real flavor explosion and it’s so simple to make. It’s made with Greek yogurt which is rich in protein and probiotics, and it gives a lovely sour note to the dip.
What to serve with Pecan Crusted Chicken
This recipe makes up part of a healthy and well balanced meal. We served this dish with a side of broccoli, but it would be equally at home with a fresh salad. If you are looking to add some carbs, try serving it with Crockpot Mashed Potatoes or Whole30 Potato Salad.
Top tips to make Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce
- Use organic / free range chicken that isn’t raised on antibiotics.
- If you like things spicy, add a little more cayenne.
- Any leftover sauce will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days – it’s great for dipping!
Be sure to check out these other tasty chicken weeknight dinners!
I would love to hear if you have tried this pecan crusted chicken recipe – do leave me a star rating and comment down below!
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tsp paprika
- Dash cayenne
- 4 tbsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
Yogurt Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans with paprika and dash cayenne. Put in wide bowl
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brush on mustard. Press pecans into chicken
- Bake 400 for 25 m or until 161 internally
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the yogurt-mustard dipping sauce. Serve with the chicken. garnish with thyme leaves