These Pork Chops with Apples are so good! This recipe will have savory, but sweet fragrances dancing throughout the home. Not only is this pork chop recipe super simple, but it also comes with a delicious tasting butter sauce filled with shallots. This recipe is totally family friendly, too!
This fragrant filled dish is sure to be a winner in personal homes. These Pork Chops with Apples are first pan seared on the stove top, then roasted in the oven to create a delicate, but crispy texture. Not only is this recipe a piece of cake, but it is SO delicious, too.
Why is this recipe is great?
- These Pork Chops with Apples are tender, juicy, savory, but sweet.
- Super easy to maintain as this recipe uses one pan to cook everything in.
- This recipe is super versatile as it can be paired with mashed potatoes, rice, or by itself.
- Juicy and sweet apples release a ton of juices to naturally moisten the pork chops in a delicate flavor.
- Be sure to not overcook your pork chops. An internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit or 62 degrees Celsius is essential for this pork recipe.
- Use an oven mitt for transferring pan in and out of oven.
- For a more tender pork chop, sear for only 4 minutes on each side.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- Perfect Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with Pan Sauce
- Paleo Cranberry Apple Chicken Thighs with Rosemary (Whole30)
- The Best Filet Mignon Recipe Ever with Garlic Herb Compound Butter (Reverse Sear)
- Pork Chop Brine
- Crisp Apple Salad with Raisins and Pecans
Pork Chops with Apples
- 4 pork chops bone in
- 1/2 cup shallots diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 stems fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 apples cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider plus two tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Heat a neutral oil in oven safe pan over medium heat. Generously, season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops in pan. Sear on each side between 4-6 minutes until meat is golden color of choice. After meat has reached preferred choice of color, transer pork chops to the oven. Bake pork chops for 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the pork chops are finished baking in the oven, simply remove them from skillet with tongs and transfer to plate. Return skillet to stove top to saute apples. Place sliced apples in skillet, and saute until apples are soft.
- Transfer apples to a plate. Melt one tablespoon of butter and add shallots, then saute shallots until they reach a translucent color.Deglaze your skillet with white wine and apple cider. Reduce until half of the liquid is removed. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in one more tablespoon of butter, and replace the apples and pork chops back to the skillet. Serve apples over pork chops while making sure to coat the pork in the juices. Serve Pork Chops with Apples over a bed of mashed potatoes or rice. This recipe can also be served by itself.