This homemade pumpkin ice cream is the easiest, creamiest fall dessert ever. Made with just an electric mixer (no churn or ice cream machine needed), it’s like a frozen version of a pumpkin pie. Perfect for when it’s still hot outside, but you’re ready to start that pumpkin spice life!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Heavy whipping cream
Sweetened condensed milk
Pumpkin pie spice
How To Make Pumpkin Ice Cream
Whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
While you’re still whipping, slowly add the condensed milk, then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into a loaf pan. You may need to smooth down the top with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula. Freeze for up to 4 hours before you enjoy!
Top Tips For Making
- You can freeze this for up to a month in an airtight container, or if you want to freeze in the loaf pan press some plastic wrap down onto the ice cream to keep it fresh longer.
- This recipes also make a great ice cream base if you’d like to try other flavors. Try it with a dash of peppermint extract and crushed candy canes for Christmas!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Fall Recipes
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. While continuing to whip, add the condensed milk slowly. Stir in the other ingredients.
- Pour the ingredients into a 9×5" loaf pan. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula if needed. Freeze for up to 4 hours prior to serving.
- Storage: Freeze in airtight container or loaf pan covered tightly with plastic wrap up to one month.
- Flavor varieties: Omit pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice for vanilla ice cream. Sub vanilla extract for peppermint extract and add crushed candy canes or peppermints for peppermint ice cream.