Reheating pizza in the air fryer is a total leftover game-changer that is so quick and easy to do, you’ll never want to reheat pizza any other way again!
Why Reheating Pizza in the Air Fryer is So Great
- It’s so much faster than reheating pizza in the oven. Air fryers take less time to preheat than ovens, so you’ll go from cold to cooking sooner, and have your hot pizza even faster!
- There’s less clean up than using the oven! You don’t have to worry about a baking sheet or tin foil or anything like that.
- Microwaving pizza is an option, sure, but the crust either gets soggy or tough and rubbery. That doesn’t happen in the air fryer! The air fryer keeps the crust crispy, so it’s just as good as it was on day one.
- It works with any kind of pizza. Thick crust, thin crust, store bought, homemade – the possibilities are endless!
New to air fryers and trying to decide which one to get? Visit our sister site, 40 Aprons, to read about the Five Air Fryers We Love.
How to Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Pizza is one of those magical foods that’s great when it’s fresh and even better as a leftover. Don’t ask me how; we just have to accept that it’s one of those things we’ll never understand.
For the BEST reheated pizza ever, you’ll want to use an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 325° if you’ve got thin crust pizza, and 350° for thick crust pizza. If you’re heating up multiple slices, lay them flat in the basket in one single layer. Pop the basket in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove and enjoy!
- If you’re reheating multiple slices of pizza, try to reheat similar size slices together. You don’t want to reheat a small thin slice with a huge thick slice, because the smaller one will be dry and possibly burnt by the time the bigger one is ready.
- Don’t overlap your pizza slices in the basket. The air won’t be able to circulate properly, and your pizza won’t reheat evenly.
- Spread a little garlic butter or cooking oil on the crust before you put your pizza in the air fryer. That’ll make it crispier and give it a little extra flavor!
- If the pizza starts to brown or burn before it’s warmed through, lower the temperature of your air fryer by 25°.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
How to Reheat Pizza in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Preheat to 325° Fahrenheit for thin crust pizza or 350° for thick crust pizza.
- Place pizza in basket in a single layer.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes.