These roasted cauliflower steaks are simply seasoned but absolutely delicious. Tender and packed full of flavor, they are the perfect vegan main course or an easy side dish.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Head of cauliflower
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, then slice the cauliflower in half. Slice 2 steaks from cauliflower halves, about an inch thick from each half.
Mix together the olive oil and seasonings.
Arrange the cauliflower steaks on a baking or cooking sheet. Brush both sides of each steak with the olive oil. (Use a lot of it!)
Bake the steaks, then flip over. Serve with fresh parsley.
Top Tips For Making
- Don’t be shy about getting your cauliflower really coated in olive oil! The oil makes it super tender and the seasonings make the cauliflower extra delicious.
- We really love the smoky, spicy flavor of smoked paprika, but you can use regular paprika if you’d like.
- You can either save your extra pieces of cauliflower for a later recipe, make additional steaks if they are big enough, or roast them with your steaks and save them for a snack.
- We love these steaks with a side of ranch or even chimichurri.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Veggie Recipes
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Remove the leaves from base using a sharp knife. Slice cauliflower in half, then slice 2 steaks about 1” thick from each half. Mix the olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Place cauliflower steaks on baking or cookie sheet and brush liberally with olive oil. Cook 15 minutes, then flip over. Cook additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Olive oil: Be sure to use plenty when brushing your steaks to make them tender.
- Ingredient variations: Can use regular paprika instead of smoked.
- Extra cauliflower: Save in airtight container or bag, make additional steaks if large enough, or roast with steaks and save for a snack.
- Sauce options: Delicious plain, but try steaks with a side of ranch or even chimichurri.