Mix up your next taco night with this delicious, easy taco pie recipe. It’s loaded with ground beef, onion, bell pepper, salsa, refried beans, corn, and taco seasoning, all topped with shredded cheese and baked in a savory pie crust. This taco pie is going to be a new family favorite dinner!
What Makes Taco Pie So Good
- It’s full of flavor, and unlike most typical tacos, all of the ingredients are distributed perfectly throughout every bite!
- Your whole family will love it! Tacos are fun on their own, of course, but taco pie is a great way to mix things up a little.
- This taco pie recipe is SO easy! Of course, you can make it as hands-off or as involved as you want. You can use all store-bought/pre-packaged ingredients, or make some things (like the salsa or the taco seasoning) from scratch.
Key Ingredients for Taco Pie
Pie Crust – Pre-made, frozen pie crust keeps things so simple. Sure, you can make a homemade savory pie crust if you want, but sometimes it’s nice to keep things easy. For a twist, you could use flaky, buttery crescent roll dough instead of a frozen pie crust.
Ground Beef – You can use ground beef with whatever fat content you prefer. You could also use ground turkey!
Salsa – Again, we’re focusing on ease and deliciousness here! If you’ve got a favorite homemade salsa, go for it. Otherwise, your taco pie will be perfect with a store-bought, jarred salsa, as mild or as hot as you prefer!
Refried Beans – Canned or homemade, black or pinto. The type of refried beans you use is entirely up to you!
- Drizzle a little avocado salsa or cilantro lime dressing across the top of your easy taco pie just before serving. DELICIOUS!
- Don’t overbake the pie crust! On its first trip through the oven, bake it just until golden brown. Take it out of the oven even if you’re not done with the ground beef mixture yet.
- This recipe is great for leftovers! Just refrigerate any leftover slices in an airtight container up to 5 days. When you’re ready to eat, pop it in a 400° Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for 15-25 minutes. Bake it just until it’s warmed through. You can also freeze your baked pie – just let it cool completely first!
Other Delicious Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Homemade Taco Sauce
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Mexican Tortilla Wrap Hack (TikTok Hack)
- Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa
- Air Fryer Empanadas
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
Easy Taco Pie Recipe
- Pie dish
- Large skillet
- Large spoon or silicone spatula
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ of one onion diced
- ½ of one green bell pepper diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning or make your own
- ½-¾ cup water according to instructions on packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup jarred salsa of choice
- ½ cup refried beans canned or make your own
- ¾ cup corn
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- lettuce shredded, optional, for topping
- tomatoes diced, optional, for topping
- sour cream or Greek yogurt, optional, for topping
- avocado sliced, optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Place pie crust in pie dish. Crimp edges and poke holes in bottom of crust using tines of fork. Bake pie crust 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While pie crust bakes, add ground beef to skillet and brown over medium heat.
- Drain any fat from browned ground beef, then transfer beef to bowl. Set aside. Add avocado oil, onion, and bell pepper to skillet. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Return ground beef to skillet. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer until water is absorbed.
- Add salsa, refried beans, and corn to skillet. Stir until combined and thoroughly mixed, then simmer 1 additional minute.
- Transfer taco filling mixture to pre-baked pie crust. Place taco filling in one even layer. Top with cheese. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from oven, slice into 8 slices, and serve with desired toppings.
- Ground Beef: You can use ground beef with whatever fat content you prefer.
- Make it Keto: Use the crust from our keto meat pie recipe. Use a ground beef with higher fat content, a keto-friendly taco seasoning, and a keto-friendly salsa with no added sugar. Leave out the refried beans and the corn. Onions are up to you.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use a gluten free frozen pie crust and make sure your taco seasoning is gluten free.
- Make it Dairy Free: Make sure your pie crust doesn’t include any dairy ingredients and use a vegan/dairy-free cheese.