This Vegan Apple Pie is not only super delicious and enticing, but healthier for you, too! This pie is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or for that lover of yours. Not only will you love how easy this pie is, but it has real ingredients, too!
Why is this apple pie so good?
This Vegan Apple Pie is so good because it is so easy to make, filled with simple ingredients, and tastes incredible. Not only does it lack butter, but it can also be created with an interchangeable gluten-free crust as well.
How do I make a vegan pie crust?
Fortunately, there is a great vegan pie crust here! Don’t let the process become intimidating, it really is quite simple. We LOVE this vegan pie crust recipe!
Tips to Make Vegan Apple Pie
- Make sure to use granny smith apples. The flavors truly create a difference!
- Be sure to store pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If needed, coconut sugar can definitely be substituted.
- Sprinkle flour at the bottom of the crust to avoid a soggy crust.
Be Sure To Check Out These Other Amazing Pie Recipes!
- Paleo Pecan Pie
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- Classic Fried Apples
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Vegan Pecan Pie
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
I would love to hear if you have tried this Vegan Apple Pie recipe – do leave me a star rating and comment down below!
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Vegan Apple Pie
- 7 granny smith apples peeled and cut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour gluten free
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour gluten free
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-6 tablespoons ice water
- Make crust first. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 218 degrees Celsius.
- Peel (or not), core, and slice the apples. We took the peels off! In a large bowl, toss apples in cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice.
- Grab a medium sized skillet and melt coconut oil. Slowly stir in GF flour to form paste. Add water and sugar to paste. Bring to a quick boil.Reduce temperature and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool. Roll out pie crust to fit pie dish. Pour apple mixture onto pie crust. Cover the apples with coconut paste. Slightly mound the apple mixture.
- Cover the entire pie with top pie crust or create a lattice (or any type!) of crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350. Continue baking for 35-45 mins.
- Allow pie to completely cool before serving.