These rich, buttery potatoes are just incredible! Red potatoes flavored with garlic and specks of parsley make the most delicious side. Naturally vegetarian, but with a vegan option, too!
Why These Potatoes Are So Good
- Creamy and perfectly seasoned, these garlic butter potatoes are a serious upgrade to your usual potato salad.
- These potatoes are a fabulous side with steak, bratwursts and sauerkraut, meatloaf, and other hearty dinners.
How To Make This Recipe
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water to about 2 inches above the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and reduce the heat to allow the water to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and then add them back to the pan. Add the garlic, butter, and parsley and stir with wooden spoon, slightly mashing potatoes. Mix everything thoroughly and serve.
Top Tips For Making
- To make these potatoes vegan, sub out the butter for a vegan, plant-based butter.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Vegetable Recipes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
red potatoessmall or cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons
¼cup parsley chopped
- black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Fill with water 2 inches above potatoes.
- Bring water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and reduce heat to simmer water. Cook about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Add potatoes back to pan. Add garlic, butter, and parsley. Stir with wooden spoon, slightly mashing potatoes. Mix thoroughly. Remove and serve.
- Vegan: Sub butter with vegan butter.