Learning how to brine chicken wings is easy with this simple recipe and gives your wings tons of flavor! The simple brine helps make the chicken deliciously tender and is packed with herbs and spices for the tastiest chicken wings you’ll ever eat. Perfect for an easy meal or a delicious appetizer.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- These brine chicken wings are the perfect way to get tender, flavorful chicken without adding sauce! The easy brine of garlic and a handful of pantry staples gives these wings plenty of salty seasoning.
- The brine for this recipe is so easy! Just add your ingredients to a big stockpot, chill overnight, and you have chicken that is ready to pop in the oven when you’re ready.
- These chicken wings are low carb, keto, paleo, and Whole30-compliant, so you can feel great while chowing down on them.
How To Brine Chicken Wings
Place your chicken in a stockpot and cover with water.
Add the rest of the seasoning to the pot and let it chill overnight.
Broil the wings on both sides when you’re ready to eat and enjoy!
Top Tips For Making
- We like to make the brine right before bed and keep in the fridge until dinnertime, but this recipe is also perfect for afternoon game day appetizers.
- These wings are delicious on their own or with some red pepper flakes and fresh herbs sprinkled on top, but you can also try them with ranch, blue cheese, or any of your favorite dipping sauces.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
How To Brine Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings defrosted
- water enough filtered water to cover the chicken wings in the pot, roughly 6 quarts
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried chili pepper
- red pepper flakes optional, for garnish
- fresh herbs optional, for garnish
- Place all wings in a stockpot and cover with water. Add the garlic, salt, paprika, oregano, basil, and chilli pepper and stir. Cover the pot and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Set the oven to broil. Remove wings from the pot and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil in oven for 15 minutes, then flip the wings and bake for an additional 15 minutes.