This chicken florentine soup is creamy, comforting, and surprisingly healthy! It’s packed with fresh veggies, chicken, and a few simple seasonings.
What Makes This Chicken Florentine Soup So Good
- It requires simple ingredients you probably already have on-hand! Butter, garlic, onion, and chicken broth are a few of the easy items you’ll need. This is also the perfect recipe to use up any leftover pre-cooked chicken you might have lying around!
- It all comes together in just one pot! With just one large pot you’ll have a complete meal and be left with very little cleanup.
- It takes less than 30 minutes to make! Throw this quick and easy meal together on a busy weeknight when you’re craving something light but super satisfying.
Key Ingredients for Chicken Florentine Soup
Half and Half – Made up of half whole milk and half heavy cream, half and half makes this soup irresistibly creamy. I love the richness it contributes, without being too thick. However, you can use whole milk in place of the half and half in this recipe if you’d like.
Baby Spinach – Either fresh or frozen spinach will work in this chicken florentine soup! Two cups might sound like a lot, but once cooked, the spinach will wilt and shrink. Sometimes, when I’m feeling extra healthy, I throw in a couple extra handfuls of spinach. Spinach is super nutritious and loaded with vitamins and minerals!
- Wait until the very end of this recipe to taste and adjust any seasonings. The soup needs time to simmer and allow its flavors to develop. Therefore, wait until the last step to add anything you’d like!
- Serve this chicken florentine soup however you’d like. I love enjoying a big bowl of this cozy soup with a thick slice crusty bread – yum! I’ve even served this over a bowl of cooked white rice, which was hearty and delicious.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley, cracked black pepper, and/or parmesan cheese over your finished dish. I love adding a fresh element to this hearty soup, it really helps brighten this recipe up!
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Irish Potato Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Vegan Potato Soup
- Keto Chicken and Dumplings
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
Chicken Florentine Soup
- Large pot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add in the garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook 3-5 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Add flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper then stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and half and half, bring soup to a boil then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in the chicken and spinach, simmer for 5 minutes then taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use cassava flour or rice flour in place of the all purpose flour in this recipe.