This gluten free pecan pie is perfect for the holidays! Sweet and creamy inside with a crunchy, salty topping, it’s so easy to make and tastes just like the real thing.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Pecan pie is one of our favorite Southern desserts for the holidays. With a creamy, gooey center that’s perfectly sweet and a crunchy, nutty top, it’s a tradition for a reason.
- This gluten free pecan pie is so rich and creamy, yet it’s surprisingly easy to throw together. It’s perfect for when you want an easy, yet delicious dessert to wow your guests at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- This recipe can either use a store-bought gluten free pie crust, or you can make your own (we linked to one of our faves in the top tips). This recipe can be as easy or as homemade as you like!
How To Make Gluten Free Pecan Pie
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and sea salt. Fold in the pecans.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and place the pie on a large baking sheet. Bake until the pie doesn’t jiggle. Let the pie cool before you serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Top Tips For Making
- You can use a store-bought gluten free pie crust, or try making this one from our keto pumpkin pie recipe.
- We used vegan butter and coconut sugar for this recipe, but you can also use traditional butter and granulated sugar if you prefer.
More Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Perfect Paleo Brownies (Fudgy, Crackly Top, Gluten Free)
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread with “Cream Cheese Swirl” (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Gluten Free Pecan Pie
- 1 gluten-free pie crust unbaked
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400º F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, vegan butter, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Fold in pecan halves.
- Pour filling into the pie crust and put pie on a large baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350º F and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. Pie is ready when the filling doesn’t jiggle. Place on a wire rack to cool. Chill completely before slicing and serving.
- Pie crust: You can use a store-bought gluten free pie crust, or try making this one from our keto pumpkin pie recipe.
- Ingredient variations: Can also use traditional butter and/or granulated sugar in place of vegan butter and coconut sugar.