These air fryer carrots are perfectly roasted in just 20 minutes! With five very simple ingredients, these will quickly become your favorite healthy side dish.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It requires just five ingredients you probably already have on-hand! Carrots, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper are all you’ll need to make this delicious side.
- They’re perfectly seasoned and cooked until tender! This recipe works to bring out the flavor of fresh carrots. The simple seasoning allows their naturally delicious taste to shine!
- It comes together in two very quick and easy steps! Start by tossing all ingredients in a bowl before transferring to your air fryer. Then, give the carrots a quick shake halfway through cooking before serving and enjoying.
Carrots – To prepare the carrots for this recipe, start by giving them a quick rinse under cold water. Once dry, peel and remove the skin from each carrot along with 1/2-inch from the top. Last, slice the carrots any way you’d like before roasting and eating!
Fresh Thyme – A sprinkling of fresh thyme does an incredible job at bringing out the natural earthy flavor of the carrots. I prefer fresh thyme for how light and complimentary it is in this air fryer carrots recipe. However, you can use any fresh herb you’d like in place of the thyme in this recipe.
- Depending on the size of your carrots, they may cook in less or more time than instructed. I cut my carrots into about 2-inch pieces, then after 20 minutes they were perfectly roasted. However, evaluate how quickly your carrots are cooking at the halfway mark and adjust the time from there!
- Finish these carrots off with an extra sprinkling of fresh herbs and maybe some savory parmesan cheese. Again, keep the seasonings light as to not overpower that delicious, fresh carrot flavor.
- Serve these air fryer carrots however you’d like! I love enjoying mine as a healthy side dish with lunch or dinner. I’ve even tossed them into salads for an exciting and healthy addition!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer
- Large bowl
- 1 pound carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil see Notes
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat carrots in seasoning.
- Transfer carrots to air fryer tray or basket and cook at 380° Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, pausing to shake halfway through.
- Olive Oil: Feel free to use any vegetable oil in place of the olive oil in this recipe. Avocado oil also works perfectly and has a delightfully mild taste!