This copycat Chick-fil-A coleslaw recipe is the perfect addition to your next barbecue. Light, fresh, and a little sweet, this recipe is absolutely delicious on barbecue, in sandwiches, or as a refreshing side. Easy vegan option, too!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Sugar or sugar substitute
How To Make Chick-fil-A Coleslaw
Whisk together all the ingredients except the coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth
Add the coleslaw mix to the mayo mixture.
Fold everything over until the coleslaw is completed coated.
Cover and chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
Top Tips For Making
- If you have time, refrigerate your coleslaw overnight. This helps all the flavors really marinate into the coleslaw mix.
- To make vegan coleslaw, use vegan mayo.
- Instead of sugar, you can easily use a granulated sugar substitute, like Swerve or erythritol.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Recipes
- Keto Fries
- Cucumber Salsa
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Mango Habanero Wings
- 2 (14-ounce) bags shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or granulated sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the mayo mixture. Fold everything over until the coleslaw is completed coated. Cover and chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
- Chill: At least 2 hours to overnight.
- Vegan: Use vegan mayo.
- Sugar substitutions: Use a granulated sugar substitute, like Swerve or erythritol.