These overnight oats are so rich and hearty. With just the right amount of sweetness and your pick of toppings, this easy breakfast is perfect for mornings on the go.
Why These Overnight Oats Are So Good
- These oats are the perfect combo of sweet vanilla, rich peanut butter, and filling oats.
- Incredibly easy to make, this recipe is perfect for throwing together at night and grabbing on the way to work or school.
- These peanut butter overnight oats are naturally gluten-free and vegetarian, and have simple subs to make vegan or dairy-free.
How To Make This Recipe
- Combine the peanut butter and almond milk in a small bowl. Warm in the microwave until melted, or about 30 seconds. Whisk together until blended.
- Combine the peanut butter mixture you just made and the rest of the ingredients (minus the toppings) in a mason jar.
- Let the oats chill in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the fridge when ready to serve. Top with sliced bananas, peanut butter drizzle, and cacao chips as desired.
Top Tips For Making Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Instead of peanut butter, you can use almond butter. The consistency and taste will be slightly different but still delicious!
- For a vegan or dairy-free version, either replace the greek yogurt with a vegan substitute or an additional 1/4 cup almond milk.
- If you don’t have a mason jar, you can use a glass or a small bowl.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
More Breakfast Recipes (and Then Some!)
- How to Make Vegan Overnight Oats: 4 Ways
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites (Two Ways)
- 15 Vegetarian Recipes We Love
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 12 ounce mason jar
- Small bowl
- 1 cup 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter with extra to drizzle on top if desired
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- salt pinch
- banana sliced, optional for topping
- cacao nibs optional for topping
- Combine peanut butter and almond milk in a small bowl. Warm in microwave for about 30 seconds until melted and whisk together until blended.
- Combine the peanut butter and milk, along with the rest of the ingredients (minus the toppings) in a mason jar.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove from fridge when ready to eat. Top with sliced bananas, peanut butter drizzle, and cacao chips as desired.
- Instead of peanut butter: Use almond butter.
- For vegan or dairy-free: Replace greek yogurt with a vegan substitute or an additional 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Use a glass or small bowl if you do not have a mason jar.