This warm, light keto egg drop soup is the perfect Asian-inspired comfort food! With flavorful broth, green onions, and eggs, it’s the perfect side for all your favorite Chinese dishes.
What You’ll Need to Make This Recipe
Soy sauce or liquid aminos
How To Make Keto Egg Drop Soup
Add the broth, green onion roots, and seasonings to a bot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to let the soup simmer.
Whisk together the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl.
Use a wooden spoon to stir the chicken broth in one direction in a circle. Slowly pour the eggs into the soup while you’re still stirring.
Pour the soup into 2 bowls and serve with green onions on top.
Top Tips For Making
- If you’d like thicker soup, add xanthan gum! Set aside 1/4 of the chicken broth and mix in 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum. Add it to the soup after you’ve added the eggs.
- The bottoms of the green onions go into the soup to give it flavor, while the tops are just leafy green goodness to garnish with. Make sure to add the bottoms before heating the soup to allow them to get soft and flavor the broth.
- For vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth instead of chicken.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Asian-Inspired Recipes
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Egg Roll in a Bowl with Creamy Chili Sauce (Whole30, Low Carb, Keto, Paleo)
- Hibachi Steak with Fried Rice and Vegetables
- Tofu and Broccoli
Keto Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions root of onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions top of onions, sliced, for garnish
- Add chicken broth, green onion roots, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and ginger to a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the soup in one direction in a circle. Slowly pour egg mixture into soup. Divide between 2 bowl and garnish with green onion tops.
- Thicker soup: Set aside 1/4 of the chicken broth and mix in 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum. Add it to the soup after you’ve added the eggs.
- Notes on green onions: The bottoms of the green onions go into the soup to give it flavor, while the tops are just leafy green goodness to garnish with. Make sure to add the bottoms before heating the soup to allow them to get soft and flavor the broth.
- Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken.