Cooking frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer is the easiest way to get perfectly crispy mozzarella sticks full of hot, gooey cheese in just 10 minutes.
What Makes Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer So Good
- This method gives you perfectly crispy mozzarella sticks without the mess (and calories) of deep frying. They come out way crispier than baking them in the oven, too!
- It’s so quick! 7 minutes in the air fryer is all you need to put together a tasty snack even the kids will love. Definitely keep this one in your back pocket!
- If your air fryer is large enough, you can cook a ton of mozzarella sticks all at once! That means you can easily feed a big group without any extra effort.
Key Ingredients for Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks – You can use any brand of frozen cheese sticks you like for this method! The cook times may vary slightly with larger or thicker cheese sticks, so keep an eye on them and adjust as needed.
- Marinara sauce is the traditional dipping-sauce-of-choice when it comes to mozzarella sticks, but I personally like to dip mine in ranch dressing. You could really use anything, though – ketchup, BBQ sauce, blue cheese dressing, the sky’s the limit!
- Don’t overlap the frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer. To cook evenly, the air has to be able to circulate freely. If the mozzarella sticks touch anywhere, that’ll be a spot where the air can’t reach!
- If the cheese starts to ooze out of the mozzarella sticks, that means they’re overcooked. You can try lowering the temperature on your air fryer, or shortening the cook time. You’ll know the mozzarella sticks are ready when they’re crispy but a little squishy when you squeeze them. If they’re still firm, they’re not done yet.
- It’s not necessary, but you can spray a little air-fryer-safe oil in the basket first, to keep your mozzarella sticks from sticking. Another spritz of oil on the sticks themselves will give them an even crispier coating!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- air-fryer-safe spray oil optional
- frozen mozzarella sticks
- marinara sauce optional, for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit. Lightly spray basket with spray oil (optional).
- Arrange frozen mozzarella sticks in air fryer basket in one even layer.
- Cook mozzarella sticks for 7 minutes. Flip sticks over halfway through cook time.
- This method will work for any brand and quantity of frozen mozzarella sticks. If you’re cooking a lot of them, you may need to work in multiple batches.