These air fryer home fries are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside! In under 20 minutes you’ll have restaurant-quality home fries with minimal effort and ingredients.
What Makes These Air Fryer Home Fries So Good
- They cook up incredibly crispy and delicious every time! This foolproof recipe takes all of the guesswork out of making super crispy home fries. Simply add everything to an air fryer and then let it do all the work!
- They’re lightly seasoned and easy to customize. A pinch of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt is all you’ll need to create flavorful air fryer home fries. However, you can always switch up the seasonings however you’d like!
- They’re the perfect side dish to so many recipes! Home fries are delicious and can be enjoyed beyond breakfast time. Serve these alongside our air fryer chicken legs or sausage for a quick, full, and balanced meal!
Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Home Fries
Potatoes – Use any white, yellow, or even red potato you’d like in this simple recipe! I love yellow potatoes for their incredibly soft texture and almost buttery flavor. Though I’ve made this recipe with pretty much every potato you can think of – russet potatoes, baby potatoes, red potatoes – and they all turned out delicious. You could even use sweet potatoes if you’d like, though keep in mind they won’t turn out as crispy. Also, you’re free to either remove the skins or leave the skins on your potatoes. I personally don’t mind skin on my air fryer home fries, so to make my life easier I just keep it on!
Spray Cooking Oil – I recommend either avocado spray cooking oil or vegetable spray cooking oil. Both options have a higher smoke point and are better for use in the air fryer. However, if you don’t have spray cooking oil, you can simply use a drizzle of regular oil instead.
Smoked Paprika – A little bit goes a long way with these air fryer home fries! Smoked paprika is traditional to the home fries you’d find at most diners and breakfast spots. Though if you don’t have smoked paprika, you can use regular paprika instead. And if you’d like, you can even leave the paprika out of this recipe altogether.
- Pause the air fryer ever 3-5 minutes, remove the tray or basket and give it a few big shakes. Shaking the home fries will ensure they all cook and crisp up evenly!
- There’s no need to go overboard on the oil here! While standard cooking methods may require quite a bit of oil, the air fryer eliminates the need to use much. So, thank you air fryer for making super crispy home fries without the extra calories!
- Store any leftover home fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When ready to eat, transfer back to the air fryer tray or basket and cook at 350° for 5-10 minutes. Avoid microwaving leftover home fries, as they will lose much of their delightful crunch!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Empanadas
- Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Home Fries
- Large bowl
- Air Fryer
- 1 ½ pounds potatoes chopped into even 1-inch chunks, see Notes
- spray cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and spritz with spray cooking oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder – toss to evenly coat potatoes in spices.
- Spritz air fryer basket with cooking oil then transfer potatoes to basket and cook at 380° Fahrenheit for 14 minutes, pausing to shake basket every 3-5 minutes.
- Potatoes: Any white, yellow, or red potatoes will work in this recipe! You have the option to either remove the skin or leave the skin on before chopping.
- Keep in mind that all seasonings are optional and you’re free to spice these home fries up however you’d like!