This easy vegan apple crisp is warm, sweet, and absolutely delicious! With crispy, gluten free crust and a perfectly seasoned apple filling, it’s a delicious and quick treat any time of the year.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
How To Make Vegan Apple Crisp
Mix together some maple syrup, cashew butter, and sea salt in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
Add the apples to the cashew butter mixture and stir until they’re coated. Pour the apple mixture into a baking dish.
Stir together all the topping ingredients in a large bowl.
Spread the the topping over the apples. (We prefer to use our hands, but you can also use a large spoon or spatula.)
Bake the crisp until it’s beginning to brown on top.
Serve plain or with a dollop of vegan ice cream or whipped cream.
Top Tips For Making
- We used honeycrisp apples in our recipe, but you can use whatever your favorite red apple is! You can use green apples if you like, but the crisp may be a bit more tart, depending on which apples you use.
- Cashew butter is a little expensive, but we highly recommend it for this recipe. It makes the apple crisp buttery, nutty, and absolutely decadent. If you prefer not to use it, you can swap it for vegan butter or regular butter.
- You can also pulse your topping ingredients a few times in the food processor until fully blended.
- We love this recipe with our keto whipped cream, but if you are vegan, try it with a plant-based whipped cream or ice cream.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Delicious Desserts
Vegan Apple Crisp
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups red apples peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or regular salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Mix 3/4 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup cashew butter, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt in large bowl well combined. Add apples and stir to coat well.
- Pour apple mixture into medium sized baking dish.
- Stir together all topping ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread topping over apple mixture, covering evenly. Using hands is recommended. Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is beginning to brown.
- Apples: We used honeycrisp, but any red apple will work. You can use a green apple, but your crisp may be a bit tart, depending on the type of apple.
- Butter: Highly recommend cashew butter, but you can sub with regular or vegan butter.
- Mixing option: Can also pulse topping ingredients in a food processor until combined instead of hand-mixing.
- Serving suggestions: Keto whipped cream (not vegan), plant-based whipped cream, or plant-based ice cream.