Elegant enough for any company, these vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are simple yet delicious. A classic at holiday parties, they’re savory and completely addictive.
Why These Mushrooms Are So Good
- These savory, absolutely delicious mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for a party, family get-together, or date night.
- This recipe is actually a family favorite! Made by my mom, to this day, I still beg for her to make them! (To make it even more “all in the family,” my sister photographed the recipe for this post!)
- These vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are just as tasty as those you’d find in a restaurant, but are actually incredibly easy to put together with just a few ingredients.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Remove the mushroom stems and chop. Save the mushroom caps and place to the side.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, mushroom stems, and garlic in the butter over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs until a thick consistency (see the image below). Stir well.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the onion mixture and arrange in a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place under the broiler for until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- If on a vegan or dairy-free diet, saute the ingredients using a neutral oil, like avocado oil. Sub out the parmesan cheese with a vegan powdered parmesan.
- If gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
What Do We Mean By Healthy?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
More Amazing Appetizers
Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 button mushrooms
- ½ cup butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Remove mushroom stems and chop, placing caps to the side.
- In skillet, saute onion, mushroom stems, and garlic in butter. Add breadcrumbs to create desired consistency and stir well.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- For vegan or dairy-free: Substitute the butter with a neutral oil (like avocado oil) and the parmesan with a vegan powdered parmesan.
- For gluten-free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.