This fresh, fragrant salad is the perfect side for your next barbecue! With wholesome beans, sweet tomatoes, and tangy lemon juice, dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar, this white bean salad is sure to be a hit. Naturally vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
How To Make White Bean Salad
Rinse the beans really well and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
Dice the tomato and onion into pieces that are about the same size as the beans.
Chop up the parsley roughly.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Add everything to the beans and gently mix.
Top Tips For Making
- We used a white onion for our salad, but you can definitely try a red one. Red onions are a little sweeter and also great raw!
- If your tomato isn’t at peak ripeness, you can either add a little pineapple juice to help mimic the acidity of a ripe tomato, or you can salt your slices and let them sit out for about 30 minutes.
- If you are a strict gluten free diet, make sure your dijon mustard doesn’t contain any wheat or wheat by-products.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Delicious Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes
- Keto Fries
- Cucumber Salsa
- Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes (Vegan Option)
- Vegan Cookie Dough
- Homemade Pickles
White Bean Salad
- 1 (14-ounce) can cooked white beans
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rinse beans and place in medium size bowl.
- Chop tomato and onion into pieces about the size of beans. Chop parsley roughly.
- For dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Add everything together and mix gently.
- Onion: We used white onion, but you can sub with a red.
- Tomatoes: If your tomatoes aren’t flavorful enough, add a little pineapple juice or salt slices of tomatoes and let sit out for 30 minutes.
- Gluten free: Ensure dijon mustard is gluten free.