This fresh, fragrant salad is the perfect side for your next barbecue! With wholesome beans, sweet tomatoes, and tangy lemon juice, dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar, this white bean salad is sure to be a hit. Naturally vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
What You’ll Need
- White beans
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
How To Make It
- Rinse the beans really well and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Dice the tomato and onion into pieces that are about the same size as the beans.
- Chop up the parsley roughly.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add everything to the beans and gently mix.
- We used a white onion for our salad, but you can definitely try a red one. Red onions are a little sweeter and also great raw!
- If your tomato isn’t at peak ripeness, you can either add a little pineapple juice to help mimic the acidity of a ripe tomato, or you can salt your slices and let them sit out for about 30 minutes.
- If you are a strict gluten free diet, make sure your dijon mustard doesn’t contain any wheat or wheat by-products.
More Delicious Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes
- Keto Fries
- Cucumber Salsa
- Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes (Vegan Option)
- Vegan Cookie Dough
- Homemade Pickles
- 1 (14-ounce) can cooked white beans
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rinse beans and place in medium size bowl.
- Chop tomato and onion into pieces about the size of beans. Chop parsley roughly.
- For dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Add everything together and mix gently.
- Onion: We used white onion, but you can sub with a red.
- Tomatoes: If your tomatoes aren’t flavorful enough, add a little pineapple juice or salt slices of tomatoes and let sit out for 30 minutes.
- Gluten free: Ensure dijon mustard is gluten free.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.