Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
These creamy chicken enchiladas are super easy and quick to make for a delicious weeknight Mexican dinner.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned
- 6-8 flour tortillas taco size. You can use all different types but we prefer flour or flour-like (cassava flour, coconut flour, whole wheat, low carb etc).
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In blender, blend together salsa, chipotle, sour cream, some salt (be aware of it, if it’s in taco seasoning), taco seasoning, and blend until smooth.
Stir in the green chilies after blended.
Take 1 1/2 cups and set aside. Pour remaining sauce over the shredded chicken and corn and stir. Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
Roll the mixture into the tortillas - about 1/3-1/2 cup per tortilla, and place the tortillas in the baking dish. Pour over the rest of the sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese
Bake for about 20-25 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 891mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 888IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 380mg | Iron: 2mg