Easy Taco Pie Recipe
Mix up your next taco night with this delicious, easy taco pie recipe. It's loaded with ground beef, onion, bell pepper, salsa, refried beans, corn, and taco seasoning, all topped with shredded cheese and baked in a savory pie crust. This taco pie is going to be a new family favorite dinner!
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ of one onion diced
- ½ of one green bell pepper diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning or make your own
- ½-¾ cup water according to instructions on packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup jarred salsa of choice
- ½ cup refried beans canned or make your own
- ¾ cup corn
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- lettuce shredded, optional, for topping
- tomatoes diced, optional, for topping
- sour cream or Greek yogurt, optional, for topping
- avocado sliced, optional, for topping
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
Place pie crust in pie dish. Crimp edges and poke holes in bottom of crust using tines of fork. Bake pie crust 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
While pie crust bakes, add ground beef to skillet and brown over medium heat.
Drain any fat from browned ground beef, then transfer beef to bowl. Set aside. Add avocado oil, onion, and bell pepper to skillet. Cook until vegetables are soft.
Return ground beef to skillet. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer until water is absorbed.
Add salsa, refried beans, and corn to skillet. Stir until combined and thoroughly mixed, then simmer 1 additional minute.
Transfer taco filling mixture to pre-baked pie crust. Place taco filling in one even layer. Top with cheese. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Remove from oven, slice into 8 slices, and serve with desired toppings.
Recipe yields 8 slices of taco pie. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 slice, not including any optional toppings. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
- Ground Beef: You can use ground beef with whatever fat content you prefer.
- Make it Keto: Use the crust from our keto meat pie recipe. Use a ground beef with higher fat content, a keto-friendly taco seasoning, and a keto-friendly salsa with no added sugar. Leave out the refried beans and the corn. Onions are up to you.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use a gluten free frozen pie crust and make sure your taco seasoning is gluten free.
- Make it Dairy Free: Make sure your pie crust doesn't include any dairy ingredients and use a vegan/dairy-free cheese.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 632IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 18g