Instant Pot Cornbread
Buttery, dense, melt-in-your-mouth Instant Pot cornbread is an easy, steamed version of a classic Southern side. Whether your oven's on the fritz or you just don't feel like heating up the kitchen, the Instant Pot gives you perfectly "baked" cornbread that goes great with BBQ, black-eyed peas, spaghetti, and more.
Servings: 8 pieces of cornbread
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk at room temperature
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour see Notes
- 1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup granulated sugar see Notes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- honey optional, to serve
- butter optional, to serve
Spray Instant Pot cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter, until combined. Set aside.
In other large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients, whisking constantly to combine.
Pour batter into greased cake pan. Cover pan with foil.
Pour water into Instant Pot. Place covered cake pan on Instant Pot trivet and lower trivet into Instant Pot.
Secure lid with valve in Sealing position. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 50 minutes. When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release to let out remaining pressure.
Carefully remove trivet and cake pan from Instant Pot. Place cake pan on wire cooling rack and let cool uncovered 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove cornbread from cake pan. Serve with honey and butter, if desired.
Recipe yields approximately 8 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including honey or butter for serving. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 8. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Make it Added-Sugar Free: Use granular Swerve or monk fruit.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use a gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Instant Pot: This recipe was tested and perfected using a 6-quart Instant Pot. If using a smaller or larger pressure cooker, you may need to make adjustments to the recipe or cook time. A smaller pressure cooker will mean less batter; less batter will need a shorter cook time.
Serving: 1piece of cornbread | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 319IU | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 46g