Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
A bacon wrapped turkey breast is a simple but mind-blowingly delicious entrée that'll enhance any Thanksgiving, Christmas, or weeknight dinner. Tender boneless turkey breast is smothered in a garlic-and-herb butter sauce, then wrapped up tight in strips of savory bacon and baked until golden and juicy. Naturally low carb and keto, and super easy to make dairy free and paleo, too!
- 3 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 sage leaf chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3-pound boneless turkey breast
- 8-10 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. In small bowl, mix together butter, thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, and garlic.
Place wire baking rack on baking sheet and set turkey breast on rack. Liberally coat turkey breast in butter-herb mixture, being sure to apply mixture evenly.
One by one, wrap strips of bacon around turkey breast and tuck ends of bacon under turkey to stay in place. Start by placing 2-4 slices of bacon horizontally across turkey breast to cover ends of turkey, then lay remaining slices of bacon vertically across turkey breast to cover sides.
Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Bake 2 hours or until turkey reaches internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit. Once temperature is reached, remove turkey from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- If your turkey breast has a netting around it, be sure to remove that before you get started!
- Don't skip the wire rack! It's super important. The rack elevates the turkey breast so the grease from the bacon will drip off and away. If you don't use the rack, the turkey and bacon will just sit in the grease, and the bacon won't get crispy all the way around.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use dairy-free butter.
- Make it Paleo: Use ghee instead of butter, and use a paleo-friendly bacon without sugar or other non-compliant additives.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 393IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg