Free from added sugars, this keto salsa recipe is the perfect compliment to a keto taco salad or your favorite chicken or carne asada dish. All you need is a handful of ingredients and 10 minutes for a simple but unbelievably flavorful homemade salsa!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes
- ⅓ cup sweet onion chopped
- ½ of one jalapeño deseeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ⅓ teaspoon cumin
- ⅓ teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in food processor.
Pulse until chunky salsa is formed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, then transfer salsa to bowl or airtight container with lid. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- For an even lower-carb salsa, omit the sweet onions.
- If you don't own a food processor, you can make this salsa by hand. All you have to do is chop everything up until you've got your desired salsa consistency! If you like a really liquidy salsa, stir in the liquid from the canned tomatoes before serving.
- I highly recommend letting the salsa chill before serving. As it sits, the flavors really develop and deepen. You'll have a much more flavorful salsa after it chills for 1-2 hours, as opposed to serving it as soon as you've made it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 5g