Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup
This Cream of Chicken Soup is deliciously gluten-free and super easy to create in your kitchen. Not only is this Cream of Chicken soup savory and delicious, but is also perfect for soups and super easy to make.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk or non-dairy milk like almond
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken
Finely chop the cooked chicken. With a spoon, combine chicken, salt, all purpose seasoning, chicken broth, and milk in large saucepan. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat.
Slowly, whisk in gluten-free all purpose flour. Do this little by little so you can create your roux. Do not stop whisking as you want to allow this mixture to have constant motion.
Whisk until the mixture thickens. Continue to stir until thoroughly combined. Add more salt if necessary.
- For the cooked chicken, canned or leftover chicken works just fine.
- It will take between 5-10 minutes for the mixture to thicken.
- Store in mason jars for future use.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 666mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 14g