Delicious and easy, these pickles are perfect for snacking and sandwiches.
- 1 gallon pickling cucumbers about 4 pounds
⅓ cup dried minced onion
- 6 garlic cloves minced
½ tablespoon mustard seed
- 6 heads fresh dill See notes
- 1 ½ quart water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
½ cup salt canning or kosher
Slice cucumbers vertically into four wedges and place in a 1 gallon jar.
Boil all liquids and seasonings to dissolve salt. Let cool, then pour over cucumbers.
Let jar sit on the counter for three days, turning pickles occasionally. Store in refrigerator after pickled.
- Use pickling cucumbers, which are smaller and don't have a wax coating.
- A “head” of dill is just the feathery "hair" on top of a sprig.
Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 1g