Homemade Taco Sauce
This easy taco sauce tastes just as flavorful as the sauce you get at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Let simmer 20 minutes or until thickened. Once thick, remove saucepan from the heat. Let cool completely before serving.
- Spicier sauce: Add more cayenne pepper to taste
- Sugar: Can substitute another granulated sweetener, such as Swerve
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 253IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 2g