These crispy, salty, smoky bacon bits are absolutely delicious and totally vegan
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie or baking sheet with some parchment paper. Mix together tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup, and paprika in a small bowl.
Place coconut flakes in medium sized bowl
Pour the sauce over the coconut and gently stir or toss until they are completely coated.
Spread the coconut evenly on the cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Stir the coconut flakes after baking 6 minutes. When coconut bacon is done, let cool before serving.
- Cooking tips: Check coconut bacon every minute after stirring midway through cook time to ensure they do not burn.
- Storage: Keep in freezer 6-8 months. Let thaw before serving.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 4g