Healthy Lemon Muffins
These sunny, bright lemon muffins are so full of delicious citrus flavor, and are good for you, too!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line muffin tin with muffin liners. Mix together butter, sugar, egg, and olive oil in a large bowl until fully combined. Add ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and the salt in a separate bowl.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
Divide the batter between muffin cups. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Baking tips: Check your muffins after they bake for 20 minutes to see how close to done they are. If a toothpick still has moist crumbs attached when inserted into the middle, let them continue to cook and check every few minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool before eating or removing from the tin.
- Toppings: Powdered erythritol, powdered sugar, or lemon icing
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 387IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 23g