Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
These delicious and addictive cheese balls are a perfect party appetizer or keto snack.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 pound sausage mild or spicy
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded or grated
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Using mixer or by hand, mix together sausage and cream cheese. Add eggs and cheddar cheese and mix until well-combined.
Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder in separate bowl.
Add dry ingredients to cheese mixture and stir well. Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour. After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 375º F. Spray a large baking or cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with aluminum foil.
Scoop the dough in tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls. Place them on the baking sheet about an inch apart. Bake until the balls are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let the cheese balls cool slightly before placing them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Gluten free: Ensure baking powder does not contain gluten.
- Serving size: Recipe makes 35-40 cheese balls. 1 serving is 4 balls.
- Cooking notes: We found the best way to keep the cheese balls from sticking to the tray was to use aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Flavor variations: Add 2-3 minced garlic cloves to batter.
Serving: 4balls | Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 652mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 3g