Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
These super flavorful steaks are the perfect veggie main course or side dish
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 450º F. Remove the leaves from base using a sharp knife. Slice cauliflower in half, then slice 2 steaks about 1” thick from each half. Mix the olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and chili powder in a small bowl.
Place cauliflower steaks on baking or cookie sheet and brush liberally with olive oil. Cook 15 minutes, then flip over. Cook additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Olive oil: Be sure to use plenty when brushing your steaks to make them tender.
- Ingredient variations: Can use regular paprika instead of smoked.
- Extra cauliflower: Save in airtight container or bag, make additional steaks if large enough, or roast with steaks and save for a snack.
- Sauce options: Delicious plain, but try steaks with a side of ranch or even chimichurri.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1234mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 641IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 8g