Keto Egg Drop Soup
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions root of onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions top of onions, sliced, for garnish
Add chicken broth, green onion roots, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and ginger to a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
Whisk together the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl.
Use a wooden spoon to stir the soup in one direction in a circle. Slowly pour egg mixture into soup. Divide between 2 bowl and garnish with green onion tops.
- Thicker soup: Set aside 1/4 of the chicken broth and mix in 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum. Add it to the soup after you've added the eggs.
- Notes on green onions: The bottoms of the green onions go into the soup to give it flavor, while the tops are just leafy green goodness to garnish with. Make sure to add the bottoms before heating the soup to allow them to get soft and flavor the broth.
- Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1236mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 504IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 9g