Cold Brew Green Tea
This light and refreshing green tea is made like your favorite coffee cold brew, but is healthy!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 bags green tea
- 20 ounces filtered water cold
- lemon slices optional
- basil fresh leaves, hand ripped
- liquid sweetener optional
Fill mason jar with water. Either place tea bags directly in water or cut open and pour tea leaves in water.
Add basil, liquid sweetener, and lemon if desired.
Stir to combine. Place lid on jar and let sit overnight or up to 24 hours.
After seeping up to 24 hours, use cheesecloth to filter out leaves and seasonings. Serve over ice and garnish as desired.
- Water temperature: Use cold water to avoid tannins being released, which make the tea bitter.
- No mason jar: Can also use large pitcher. Cover with plastic wrap during seeping.
- Storage: Keep covered in fridge up to 4 days.
- Flavor options: Orange slices, berries, peaches, or any fruit with herbs like mint, rosemary, or even lemongrass. Can also add minced garlic to tea.
- Liquid sweetener: We used 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia for this recipe, but you can use simple syrup or any liquid sweetener.
- Loose tea leaves: Use about 1 tablespoon for every 8 ounces water.
Calories: 1kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Calcium: 4mg