Sweet Potato Waffles
These easy sweet potato waffles are paleo and absolutely perfect sweet or savory.
Servings: 2 waffles
- 4 cups sweet potato raw, about 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- salt to taste
- spray cooking oil or olive oil
Peel and grate sweet potatoes.
Use a cheesecloth and drain the excess water VERY well. Add egg and salt, mix well with the fork.
Spray waffle maker with cooking oil or grease with olive oil. Pour the batter into the waffle maker. (See Notes for amount.) Each waffle will take about 5 minutes to cook through.
- Batter amount: For a mini waffle maker, use about 1/3 cup of batter. For a full-sized waffle maker, use about 1 cup.
- Draining notes: Make sure to drain the sweet potatoes EXTREMELY well or the texture of the batter will be too soft.
- Topping suggestions: For sweet, you can top with butter and syrup or add a dash of cinnamon to the batter. For a more savory waffle, try a dollop of sour cream.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 246mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 38094IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg | Net Carbs: 46g