Keto White Chicken Chili
This low carb chili is creamy, cheesy, and packed full of flavor.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chilis
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup green onion white bases, sliced
In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
In a stock pot or thick-bottomed Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and green onion bases. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, and sriracha to green onions. Bring to a simmer and cook until cream cheese is melted. Add the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, and diced green chilis. Stir together. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Make to sure to keep an eye on the chili so it does not burn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Hot sauce: You can use any hot sauce you like if you don't have Sriracha. The chili is also amazing with Frank's Red Hot, Louisiana, or Tapatío.
- Shredded chicken: You can cook your own chicken and shred it by hand or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it. If you have an Instant Pot, this recipe for shredded chicken is easy.
Calories: 639kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2317IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 6g