Pumpkin Seed Butter
A delicious and easy fall favorite! Perfect butter for dips and spreads.
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds raw and shelled
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons honey optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, toss pumpkin seeds and cinnamon to evenly coat. Spread seeds across baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir seeds halfway through cooking for even browning.
Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, place seeds in a food processor and process into butter for about 15 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides with a spatula.
Add the honey and continue pureeing until it becomes smooth.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Ingredient notes: If you're using pre-roasted pumpkin seeds, skip steps 1 through 3.
- Processing notes: This works better in a food processor than in a blender. If your mixture becomes too crumbly, let it rest at least half an hour and try processing again.
Calories: 1450kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 122g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 1178mg | Potassium: 1553mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 17mg | Net Carbs: 44g