Pumpkin Seed Butter
Pumpkin seed butter is deliciously creamy, lightly sweetened with maple syrup or honey, and a pinch of cinnamon that takes this spread or dip over the top. Pop your roasted pumpkin seeds in the food process and let it do the work.
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds raw and shelled
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons honey optional, or maple syrup, optional
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, toss pumpkin seeds and cinnamon to evenly coat. Spread seeds across baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir seeds halfway through cooking for even browning.
Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, place seeds in a food processor and process into butter for about 15 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides with a spatula.
Add the honey and continue pureeing until it becomes smooth. Store pumpkin seed butter in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Recipe yields approximately 8 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, including honey. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 8. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- If you're using pre-roasted pumpkin seeds, skip step 1.
- This works better in a food processor than in a blender. If your mixture becomes too crumbly, let it rest at least half an hour and try processing again.
- Make it Keto: Use your favorite keto-friendly maple-flavored syrup, or skip the sweetener completely.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 6g