How To Brine Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are loaded with flavor thanks to an easy brine.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings defrosted
- water enough filtered water to cover the chicken wings in the pot, roughly 6 quarts
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried chili pepper
- red pepper flakes optional, for garnish
- fresh herbs optional, for garnish
Place all wings in a stockpot and cover with water. Add the garlic, salt, paprika, oregano, basil, and chilli pepper and stir. Cover the pot and place it in the fridge overnight.
Set the oven to broil. Remove wings from the pot and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil in oven for 15 minutes, then flip the wings and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 7142mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg