Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
These perfectly seasoned Italian sausages and peppers are made easily in the Instant Pot
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 (4-ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or red wine, optional
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and add olive oil. Once heated, add sausages. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Pour in wine and bring to a boil. Cook about 1 minute or until reduced by half. Add sliced peppers and stir, then place sausage over onion-pepper mixture. Pour in crushed tomatoes, basil, salt, and oregano.
Secure lid with valve in sealed position and cook at manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Carefully quick release, stir, and remove to plate and cut into 6-7 pieces per link. Serve over mashed potatoes or on Italian sandwich rolls.
- Lower carbs: Serve sausage and peppers plain, on low carb bread, or over mashed cauliflower.
- Bell peppers: You can use your favorite color of bell peppers with this recipe or a combination of several different kinds.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1386mg | Potassium: 841mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2147IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 4mg | Net Carbs: 14g