Gluten Free Gingerbread
This deliciously spice gingerbread is absolutely perfect for the holidays.
Servings: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum only if your flour does not contain xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- powdered sugar for dusting, if desired
- whipped cream for serving, optional
- cranberries or cherries for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a 9x9 inch square pan. In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter.
Beat in the egg, then mix in the molasses.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water.
Pour into the prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Continue baking another 10-15 minutes if necessary. Allow to cool in the pan before serving. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped and cranberries or cherries, if desired.
- Flour notes: Make sure your gluten free flour contains xanthan gum or add 1/2 tsp xanthan gum if it does not.
- Vegan: Sub egg with flax egg and butter with vegan butter.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 3mg | Net Carbs: 57g