Our simple recipe for vegan latkes ensures everyone in your group can enjoy these crispy, savory traditional Hanukkah staples.
- 2 cups potatoes grated, drained, and packed
- ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons green onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk unflavored or unsweetened
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
Grate potatoes. Using a paper towel, squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
Combine 2 packed cups potato and all ingredients, except oil. Mix well.
Preheat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of potato mixture into pan. Use spatula to flatten patty to 1/4" thick, approximately. Fry until golden brown, then flip and fry other side.
Cool fried latkes on a paper towel covered plate or cooling rack before serving.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 16g