Smoked Turkey Soup
Our recipe for smoked turkey soup with white beans, veggies, and plenty of seasoning is a hearty and nutritious way to use leftover smoked turkey.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 2 smoked turkey legs
- 1 can Great Northern beans drained
- 4 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked rice see Note
Sauté garlic and onion in oil over medium heat until translucent.
Add thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, carrots, and celery. Cook 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add meat from smoked turkey legs and cook 3-5 minutes.
Mix in beans. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
Boil 10 minutes. Cover with lid and simmer 45 minutes or longer. Serve with one cup of cooked rice.
- If you don't eat rice, you can use sweet potato rice or cauliflower rice, or just omit this entirely. Skipping the rice makes this recipe very low carb!
- Nutritional information shown below does not include rice.
Serving: 12ounces | Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 240mg | Sodium: 1244mg | Potassium: 1287mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5370IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 7mg | Net Carbs: 7g