Gluten Free Mug Cake
Chocolatey gluten free mug cake is so easy to throw together when you're craving something sweet. This recipe takes a few basic ingredients and turns them into delicious, moist cake. Easy to make dairy-free!
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (canola, vegetable, avocado, coconut, etc.)
- ¼ cup milk plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ level cup all-purpose gluten free flour see Notes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping
In medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
Add in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Stir batter until no clumps remain.
Pour batter into mug. Top with chocolate chips. Microwave 1 minute, then in subsequent 10-second intervals if needed until "baked".
Recipe yields one mug cake. Nutritional values shown reflect information for one mug cake. Macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands of ingredients used.
- We used King Arthur's Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour which includes xanthan gum. If your all-purpose gluten free flour doesn't include xanthan gum, be sure to add some in separately. For a recipe this small, you should only need a dash.
- Our mug cake was ready after one minute in the microwave, but every microwave is different. You may need to heat your cake batter longer, but don't go too long or your cake will be super dry. Check the doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center of the cake - if it comes out clean (or with just a few crumbs) then you're good to go!
- Make it Dairy Free: use almond milk or coconut milk, and vegan chocolate chips.
Serving: 1mug cake | Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 23mg | Net Carbs: 53g