Amish Broccoli Salad
This easy Amish broccoli salad recipe (complete with a creamy dressing) is a simple and delicious side dish that's perfect for family gatherings, potlucks, and summer cookouts.
Servings: 8 servings
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt plus more as needed
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Dice bacon into small pieces. Fry until crispy, then drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and salt. Taste and add more salt if needed.
In a large bowl, combine broccoli and cauliflower. Add mayonnaise mixture and stir all until veggies are well coated.
Fold in red onion, cheese, and bacon.
Serve immediately, or chill until cold.
Recipe yields approximately 8 servings. Nutritional values shown reflect the information for 1 serving out of 8. Macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands of ingredients.
To determine the size of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed, then weigh the entire finished recipe. Divide the total weight of the recipe (not including the weight of the bowl, pot, or plate the food is in) by 8. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Make it Keto: Instead of sugar, use your favorite granulated sugar substitute, like Swerve. You can also leave out the red onion to shave off an additional 1-2 carbs per serving.
- Make it Vegetarian: Leave out the bacon completely, or use a vegan bacon.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan versions of bacon, mayo, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1398mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 778IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 9g