Spicy Chicken Ramen
This spicy chicken ramen is the perfect, simple meal when you're craving something cozy! It's deliciously savory, subtly spicy, and incredibly comforting. With just a few simple ingredients and steps you'll have a restaurant-quality bowl of ramen in under 20 minutes.
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated, see Notes
- 3 garlic cloves grated, see Notes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 ounces ramen noodles see Notes for gluten-free option
- 2 boiled eggs
- ½ cup scallions sliced
- 3 nori sheets torn in half
- ½ cup sliced bamboo shoots
Add the ginger, garlic, chicken broth, soy sauce, mirin, and sriracha to a large pot over medium-high heat.
Once boiling, add in the chicken breast, reduce to a simmer, and cook covered for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Bring a large pot of unsalted water to a boil and cook ramen noodles for 1-2 minutes or until al dente. Strain noodles and divide equally between four bowls.
Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks, then return to pot and remove from heat.
Top noodles with chicken and broth along with boiled eggs, sliced bamboo shoots, nori, and scallions.
Recipe yields approximately 4 servings. Nutritional values shown reflect information for 1 serving. Macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands of ingredients used.
To determine the size of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed, then weigh the entire recipe when finished. Divide the total weight (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 4. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Ginger & Garlic: To grate the ginger and garlic, remove the skins and then run them along a microplane or fine grater.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use tamari instead of soy sauce and rice noodles instead of ramen noodles.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 3317mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 412IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 4mg | Net Carbs: 47g