Keto Sloppy Joes
These keto sloppy Joes are a spot-on, low-carb take on a classic family-favorite. With lots of flavor and only 3g net carbs per serving, this is a perfect, easy meal to add to your dinner rotation.
Large skillet with lid
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ of one yellow onion see Notes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon no-sugar-added tomato paste
- ½ cup sugar-free ketchup
- ⅓ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Brown Swerve optional
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire see Notes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add ground beef and crumble into pieces with back of wooden spoon. Cook until brown, approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove ground beef from skillet. Do not drain. Add onions and garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
Return ground beef to skillet. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. If mixture seems dry, add more beef broth, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Stir and remove from heat. Divide into portions. Serve hot.
Recipe yields approximately 4 servings. Nutritional values shown reflect the information for 1 serving using 85/15 ground beef with onions and Brown Swerve. Nutritional values shown do not include information for keto buns or any other serving methods. Macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the size of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed, then weigh the entire finished recipe. Divide the total weight of the recipe (not including the weight of the bowl, pot, or plate the food is in) by 4. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Onion is recommended, but some keto-eaters try to avoid them. If you'd like to save a carb, you can skip them.
- Be sure to use a tomato paste and a ketchup with no added sugar.
- There's usually a little sugar in Worcestershire, but we're only using 1 teaspoon of the sauce here so it shouldn't be enough to cause concern. Check the label, though, and choose a brand with the fewest carbs and sugars. You could also use soy sauce or tamari, though the flavor will be a little different.
Serving: 1sloppy Joe | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 3mg | Erythritol: 3g | Net Carbs: 3g